Principled Goals: Journals and Grimoire

My current journal, going on year 3

For a couple of years now, my journaling--and really, all  of my writing--has dropped off.  I simply did not write in it for a little over a year. I started again this March, and I returned to it today.  I'm hoping it will stick this time, because I have a big goal around my journaling.  Not only that, it enhances and supports my magical work otherwise.

I am at a place in my life now where I can focus back in n my spiritual work, and I am so hungry for it. Back in the 90s, I was very dedicated, very focused, and very active with the Craft. I am hoping to get back to that now. This will take some time and a lot of work on my part, I am aware. The last time, writing was an integral part of my journey. Hell, it's a part of who I am. 

The truth is, writer's block hurts me. It hurts me like a physical injury. Losing sight of my writer's Muse is a  loss  that I suffer deeply. The fact that I am feeling ready to journal (and maybe pick some other projects back up again) is a huge comfort. The words need to come out. To be published would be divine, but the true goal is to regain clarity and make room for the deeper Work.

The larger goal toward which I am working is to finally compile my Grimoire. I have been a Witch for 25 years now. I have written many spells, conducted many rituals, and even had a student. (Yes. Just one.) I have quite a few journals from which to draw material, including my Book of Shadows, which I started as soon as I first set foot upon the Path. Having everything in one place will be fascinating. How have I grown? What still needs work? I also hope that maybe one day, someone may learn something from it, or that perhaps it will find its way into some Pagan library or archive.

Truly, magic is our legacy, words its vehicle.

I do not expect this project to come together overnight. It is a part of my journey, and it will take as long as it needs to. I'm just happy to be ready to take it on.

Blessed be!   
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Community in a New Place

Why I Will Not Help Witches Bind the President

Nature Teachings: Ant