Imbolc: Morning of the New Year



The blizzard that hit the East Coast last week, and then the subsequent Big Dig, have provided me with a wonderful personal metaphor for Imbolc this year.  During the time of the blizzard, my partner and I had no other option but to settle in and rest.  As much as I tried to get anything done around the house, the urge to eat and sleep and stare at the idiot box just would not leave me, so I gave into it. My body needed the rest, and so did my mind.  My mother was not with us, having instead been admitted to the hospital because of the storm by a very smart doctor.  (I am happy to say that Mom is currently on the mend.)  Everyone was safe.  Everyone had what they needed.  I hibernated.

Once the weather started to brighten up and get warmer, we started to dig out and (eventually) venture off our land.  We don't have the equipment we need at home to dig out, so we hired a local farmer, who was also digging other neighbors out.  He got to our house the Tuesday after the storm and had our driveway dug out in no time.  Meanwhile, my partner and I worked on getting the cars dug out. (It was a LOT of work!)  The dogs were even able to run free for a little while.  It's not like they could run off anywhere and get themselves into trouble! My energy got better and better, and my sleep habits went back to normal.

Now that we're into some balmy, Spring-like weather (not that I feel it's appropriate at this time,) I'm finding myself more and more ready to get more active and take on more and just get things done. I have huge plans for this year, and this imposed hibernation has really helped me to rest my body and mind so that I can focus on having a busy (and hopefully profitable!) year.  I'm even feeling more ready than ever to find and stick with an exercise routine beyond simply walking.

This Tuesday, when I light my altar for Imbolc, I will be focusing not only on the return of the light, but on the return of life. Imbolc  is about movement and momentum for me this year. This also makes Imbolc the perfect time for me to do my occasional prosperity working.  In general, I do my best work in the morning. This is the morning of the new year, so I plan to (not quite literally) light a fire under my ass on Tuesday.

Blessed be!
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Will Not Help Witches Bind the President

Nature Teachings: Ant

Principled Goals: Journals and Grimoire