Samhain: I'm Feeling It!




My Wiccan lineage, that is.  This morning, as I got up and got dressed for work, something told me to wear a particular pentacle.  This is my reverse pentacle, a necklace I made by hand  in celebration of my Second Degree Initiation.  I don't wear it often, as I am not one to show off my credentials or what-have-you.  Today, though, it just felt right.

This necklace connects me to my lineage as a Wiccan.  It connects me to people I've never even met.  Powerful people. Wise people.  It also connects me to my own Initiators. I still see them every once in a while, but not often.  As I drove to work this morning, I could feel all of that power flowing through and around me.  I felt as if I were being watched, comforted, and assessed by countless very Old Souls.

It took my breath away.  I had to sit in my car for a few minutes when I got to work to get my bearings.  Even when I'm not active, I'm connected.  I need to remember that and to honor it.

I left my Coven in 2003 (amicably and by choice.)  I did not think, at the time, that I would want to join another.  For the years since, I have practiced largely as a Solitary.  I am involved with a couple of groups, and those experiences are amazing for me.  I love them dearly. 

Though my practice is eclectic, I am, in my heart and soul, Wiccan.  I am craving that experience again. I think that I may be ready to look for another Coven. (I do not expect fast results--this, like all parts of the Pagan journey, will take time.)

Today, I am honoring my Witch Ancestors.  Without these wise and wonderful people, I would not be where I am today, spiritually.

Blessed Samhain!
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Community in a New Place

Why I Will Not Help Witches Bind the President

Nature Teachings: Ant