One Witch's Thoughts

Friday, August 10, 2012

My Pagan Blog. (I needed one.)





This is my first post, and it does what most first posts do:  I'm going to tell you about myself and about what I hope to accomplish with this blog.

I have several blogs already; however, I am trying to keep my life somewhat compartmentalized.  I move in several different circles, and I'm not really prepared for them to overlap. They may one day do so, but I felt I needed a space specifically to speak from my view as a Wiccan.

I have been practicing for about 21 years now.  I self-dedicated when I was in my early 20s and later joined a coven.  I was released from that coven in about 2003 as a Second Degree.  Though I do belong to a couple of groups and am always happy to join other Pagans in celebration and prayer and...heck, just plain fun, I have continued my practice largely as a Solitary.

Additionally, I am currently a member of the DC bureau of the Pagan Newswire Collective.  I have been with the bureau for about two years now, and it is work I take very seriously.

The reason for the name of this blog is not to state what I am, but what I aspire to be.  I try really, really hard to behave only in an ethical manner.  As I am human, I am not perfect.  I try to be kind, I try to be good, and I try to abide by the Rede.  As with my other blogs, I don't know how often I will post here, but I've been wanting to write from this part of my life for a while, so I am sure I will have plenty to share.

Blessed be!
Post a Comment